How to unfreeze Venmo Account – Are you a user of Venmo digital payment service and your Venmo Account has been frozen? If yes then, don’t worry about it because it happens sometimes with Venmo users. There are two easy ways by following which you can easily unfreeze your Venmo Account today.
In this article, you will know about why Venmo Account is frozen and how to unfreeze Venmo Account, and how you can prevent freezing your Venmo Account. To get detailed information about this, please read this whole article carefully. Before going to the topic, let’s know what is Venmo Account? What is Venmo Account ? Venmo is a digital payment mobile app that makes it easy for you to send and receive money directly to peers, without messing or changing cash.
If you have Venmo, you know how convenient it is — but you might not be feeling that convenience if Venmo froze your account.
Reasons for Freezing Venmo Account
There are a few reasons why Venmo’s account freezes as follow:-
The first and most common reason is that there was not enough money in your bank account to complete the transfer.
When this happens, Venmo still pays the person to whom you transferred the money, but you now owe Venmo. The fastest way to clear your account is to pay off the loan using a debit card.
How to Unfreeze Venmo Account ?
- Go to venmo.com/addfunds on a computer, and sign in to your Venmo account.
- In the pop-up window, select the bank from which you want to transfer the funds. Note that you will need to have your bank account verified with Venmo to do this.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer, which should be at least the amount you owe.
- The money should be transferred to Venmo in two to three business days, thus unfreezing your account.
Note:- Venmo may also freeze your account if you violate its user agreement—specifically, if it reports suspicious activity to occur, or if you engage in one of the many “restricted activities” outlined by the company in it’s user agreement. participating in another, such as using Venmo outside the US.
A frozen account can mean that Venmo thinks someone is using your account without your knowledge, freezing it to prevent further fraudulent payments during investigations. It could also mean that they think there may be some illegal activity on your account.
If any of these could have caused your account to be closed, you’ll need to talk to Venmo customer support team to get the issues resolved.
How to Contact Venmo to Unfreeze Your Account ?
- Go to venmo.com/recover and log in.
- Reply to an email Venmo sent you when your account was frozen. You may need to include a photo of a valid form of ID so they can verify that it is you.
Note:- Calling Venmo is also easy. You can call the company’s customer care team at 855-812-4430 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m from Monday to Friday (and with the exception of “major holidays”).
You can also chat with someone on Venmo directly from the app. Follow the following steps to get help from members of Venmo help and support teams.
- Open the Venmo app.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner of the Venmo App.
- Now visit on “Get Help” option at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap on “Contact Us,” the middle option.
- Under “CONNECT WITH A HUMAN,” option, you have to select “Chat with Us” to start a chat with the members of venmo help and support teams.